Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week #1

Hello friends!

Life here in Lamego. This past week has flown by and I have a feeling that that will be the case these next months.

This past week has been an introduction to all that I'm going to learn while here and it has been wonderful.

Here is some of what this past week has entailed:

-Exploring the village and meeting my neighbors (whom I hope become my friends quickly)

-Getting to know my team leaders and their family. I seriously hit jackpot here folks. They are incredible people and I have already learned so much from them.

-Learning a bit of Sena (the local language). Everyone keeps telling me that I'll learn it easily by May. I'm thankful for how gracious the people are and I know that through language learning relationships will be built.

-Getting settled into my house

-Setting my classroom up-I'll start teaching at the end of this month

-Meeting some of the children with various special needs that through time I will get to invest time in.

-Annnnnd eating lots of fruit! Mmmmmm!!

Prayer Requests:
*More of the team arrives tomorrow. Please pray for safe travels as we head to Beira to pick them up and for them as they make another flight. And that all of their items arrive.

*Building of relationships and that opportunities would be seized.

*Pray for the people of Lamego. That they would know Christ deeply.

*For Robert and Karis (team leaders) as they have been working their tails off prepping for all of us. That they would feel cared for. And for the work they continue to do amongst the Sena People. In the future I'll have Karis be a guest blogger on here so you can get a real insight on the work they have been doing here since 1998.


Thank you for the continued support from everyone.

Love from Lamego,

Ashley

(Enjoy the pictures!)

View outside of my front door


My House!
 
Bedroom



Living Room leading into classroom

Classroom (Before I set it up)

My wonderful kitchen





Don't mind the facial expression. An entertaining comment was made when the photo was taken.






Foxy-girl! 



3 comments :

  1. I love the photos and your new blog! I will be praying for you, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you most girly girl. i so enjoy seeing life through your eyes right now. asking God to provide for you and your friends as you have asked. and to amaze you while you every day you are there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs, love, prayers....and a smile from Polly!
    Miss you baby girl!

    ReplyDelete