Sunday, August 31, 2014

Testing, testing, 1,2,3...-Week #4

Good evening from Mozambique!

Well folks, the weeks are getting busier and it is about to pick up even more. I start my first day of homeschooling tomorrow. Many have asked what I am doing in Mozambique. What brought me here. The main purpose is for me to homeschool the missionary kids that are here on the team, specifically the team leaders, but as more of the team arrives it is my hope to spend at least 1-2 times a week doing a co-op of sorts while the parents are in various forms of training. 

Along with this I am slowly starting to work with children in the village that have special needs. I am already meeting with one girl and hope to add 2 more students very soon. 

The "first reason" of me being here is what kept me busy this week. Along with language learning I have been administering a test every day to one of the team leaders' sons. He was a trooper let me tell ya. It was intended that we meet every day during the week only, but unfortunately I got a small stomach bug on Wednesday night and so that put me out of commission on Thursday and he had to finish his testing on Saturday. What person ever likes testing, let alone a kid on a Saturday. I am extremely proud of the hard work he put into this week and through this testing it does give me an idea on the areas that we will focus extra attention on. 

This week we also continued language learning. My brain is growing folks and I'm thinking I'll need to keep earplugs in so none of this information falls out. As hard as it seems at times, it is the most wonderful feeling the moments I can communicate with the people here and it going beyond just a greeting. I continue to be grateful for the grace given and the laughter that comes from learning a new language. 

Prayer Requests:

~My fellow team members as they are fundraising. 
~language learning and that we would all continue to grow in leaps and bounds in this area.
~School starting up tomorrow. That we would have a very productive term. 
~Presidential elections are starting soon. Pray that the people of Mozambique would ask the Lord for wisdom before they vote and that He would have in office the best leader for this country. 


Enjoy the photos!

Love from Lamego,

Rebecca










1 comment :

  1. It always brings a peacefulness to my heart to see your pictures & read about your days there! Miss you, love you & continually pray for you & the team there!
    Hugs from home,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete