Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm Here

Botadi!!! (Good afternoon)

Even though it is morning for my Texas peeps, the day is halfway done here in Lamego. 

Wanted to give a quick update. I hope to post a blog every Sunday or Monday, full of beautiful Lamego life, so check back weekly. 

All 3 of my flights went smoothly and it totaled out to be 23 1/2 hours of flying. That combined with layovers and driving out to the village, it took my 3 days...phew. But I'M HERE!!! 

Sunday afternoon, before heading out to the village, we stopped in Beira (pronounced Beta) for lunch, a quick look around-this will be the city we go into to stock up on items, and so I could email family that I had made it. Next we headed out to the village and I unpacked at my new place and got settled in. 

Monday was exploring day. Karis (the wife of the team leads) took me around Lamego and I met lots of faces. I was also taught a few words in Sena and everyone that I have met is just convinced I will learn Sena by the time I leave.. we shall see! 

Today, I went out to the house that belongs to the Fullers. They arrive next week and I will get to be working with their two little girls and meeting their new one in December, as the wife Ashley, is expecting. I finished unpacking and organizing and my place is quickly feeling like home. 

The rest of this week will consist of going through school items, setting up my classroom, and soaking up as much as I possibly can.

My future blog posts will have pictures but sorry there are none this time. I'll post lots on the next one to make up for it. :D

Thank you to everyone that prayed and encouraged during this time. Seriously friends, you have no idea how much that means. Until next time. 


Love from Lamego,

Ashley


Prayer Requests:
*to fully settle in quickly
*that my brain would be a sponge as I attempt to learn some of the language
*for the people that I will encounter. May I love and care from them well and learn many things from them.
*the Fuller family as they prep to head this way from Kenya
*the Koehns (the team leaders) and the work they continue to do amongst the Sena People. 

No comments :

Post a Comment